Sunday, October 7, 2012

Life Might be a Little Too Sweet- 30 Days Without Processed Foods


Last Friday afternoon I was rushing around work, filling out paperwork, meeting with clients, all while attempting to make it to a staff meeting on time.  When I finally took a second to break from the several things I was attempting to do at once I felt my stomach start to rumble and realized I was hungry.  Due to poor planning on my part I opted for a Snickers bar....Terrible, Terrible idea.  An hour later I found myself sitting in a crowded courtroom (for work), tired, irritated, and with a headache.  I wish I could tell you that this is an infrequent occurrence with me, but it’s not as much as I’d like to let on.

While I no longer eat meat or drink soda I still manage to eat more than my fair share of "junk."  I've finally developed the mindset that I’m simply someone who does not eat meat, drink soda and spends her evenings drinking tea and doing yoga; the problem is this does not make me healthy.  I can avoid meat all I want but if I’m filling up on doughnuts and ice cream then I’m not accomplishing what I've set out to accomplish. 

 After a weekend with friends up in Breckenridge, drinking lattes with whipped cream and eating giant frosting filled cookies I realized that it really truly is time to cool it with all the sugar.  That being said I'm getting ready to begin a new challenge, 30 days without sugary, processed foods.  Goodbye ice cream, goodbye cookies, goodbye taunting doughnuts sitting outside my office, it’s been fun, but it’s time we part ways.  This is the plan I'll be sticking too, OCTOBER UNPROCESSED 2012.  The fun starts on Monday 10/15/2012 If you’re interested in getting in on all the anti sugar action let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment