Sunday, August 26, 2012

Trading in Wine for Green Drinks

I'm a fan of a glass of wine. The problem is sometimes I'm a fan for more than just one glass and that's a problem. This morning I work up with a headache as a result of one too many glasses of wine.  It wasn't a bad headache, but it was an annoying one (as all headaches usually are).  As a result of my annoying headache I stared down the half bottle of wine still on the counter, opened it up and poured it down the drain.  Bye-bye wine, I think I might need a break from you.

I recently picked up the book Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr.  If you're interested in learning more about a plant based diet this book is a really interesting and fun read.  The book suggests taking in green drinks and smoothies on a daily basis.  Lucky for me we have both a juicer and blender at home.  I'll admit that it's been a while since I've used our juicer so I spent the better part of my morning trying to figure out how to put it together.  Once together I juiced up a cucumber, celery, and an apple and drank it all in.  Notice how I put it in a beer glass, classy right?


I'm going to attempt to add green drinks into my daily diet.  I still eat veggies in their whole form, but I know I'm not getting enough. Plus, I imagine green drinks are probably a better bet than a sugary coffee drink or a doughnut in the morning.  Small steps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment