Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Rules, New Years Resolutions






Good news friends, I've recently finished reading a wonderful book, Find Your Happy: An Inspirational Guide to Loving Life to Its Fullest By Shannon Kaiser.  This was the first time in a long time (probably since college) I actually jotted down notes in the margins.  This book really made me think about what I want  my 2013 to look like and what positive changes I can make to encourage more happiness into my life.



1) Do what you love every single day- I'll be doing one thing every single day that I love to do!  Some of these lovely things include:

-Running
-Yoga
-Cooking
-Meditating

I believe that doing something I enjoy on a daily basis will help to bring more joy into my life!

2) All you need is less- I'm getting realistic about what I need versus what I want.  This year I will cut back on the things I don't need and de-clutter my life.  This includes everything from clothing to household goods to relationships.

3) Give thanks- In 2013 I'll be keeping a daily gratitude journal, to help keep things in perspective   It's important to remember that there is always something to be thankful for!

Happy New Year and here's to 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment